The Account Manager is experienced at client services within the software industry. The ideal candidate is well organized, able to work independently and collaborate between teams across the organization. This person must be exceedingly well organized, highly motivated, and passionately client-centric. He or she will be the client advocate across our suite of products and services. This is a strategic sales and relationship management position. The Account Manager will interact frequently with clients, operations, product management and technology.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall, responsible for comprehensive management of client relationship with some oversight from senior leaders
- Consultative and strategic client partner to drive business growth through cross sell and upsell opportunities
- Understands the client environment, key business drivers, and proactively provides solutions contributing to their success
- Work collaboratively with sales organization to identify and close new opportunities with existing clients
- Work closely with operations, professional services, product management and technology to identify improvement opportunities that drive client satisfaction and growth
- Responsible for quarterly business reviews, monthly in person working sessions with accounts and numerous client engagements/phone calls per week.
- Attend appropriate industry events, conferences to effectively network and grow your industry knowledge.
- Develop and execute on client satisfaction plans; performance to be measured by NPS
- Develop and execute on plans to optimize contract renewals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED / EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA desirable
- Experience as account manager / client services leader
- Experience in delighting the customer including ability to work & build strong relationships with enterprise level customers.
- Strong experience with account planning, developing and executing client satisfaction initiatives
- Knowledge of enterprise software contracts and operations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish rapport and gain trust of senior client contacts and internal stakeholders
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for collaborative problem solving
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding client satisfaction, retention and revenue goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of enterprise software delivery a must
- Mortgage/Banking experience desired but not required
- Ability to manage simultaneous initiatives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Hands on leader/doer environment
- Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.