The Financial Analyst will analyze and oversee activities related to business planning and financial performance measurement of the organization in collaboration with the CFO, the Controller, and the existing Finance team. He/she will work closely with department heads, including Technology, Professional Services, and Operations, and he/she will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and validation of various performance planning and analysis reports. This information includes but is not limited to financial and operational analysis, projections, KPIs and metrics, and various monthly activity reports for the purpose of planning and forecasting, budgeting, and tracking of performance indicators (revenue and spending trends, resource allocations, P&L by-product, project or department, productivity and quality metrics). This position reports to the CFO. This position is among the primary interfaces within the Finance Department for all internal requests related to budgeting tracking or financial activity metrics supporting the various departments of the organization.
A successful candidate will be capable of handling multiple tasks accurately and efficiently and communicating the results in a timely manner. The candidate must also have advanced Excel skills (an absolute requirement for this role). The ability to reconcile large amounts of data is a must.
Candidates for the Financial Analyst position should have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the Mortgage or Financial Services industry or a similar high transaction business. The ability to adhere to strict deadlines is a must.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create financial models and analysis to support planning, budgeting, business performance monitoring, strategic initiatives, identify trends, risks and potential areas for improvement.
- Investigate, analyze and help develop solutions to address variances to the plan and forecasts.
- Support the CFO, Finance and other departments as needed.
- Prepare, analyze, and validate activity and analysis reports.
- Deliver reports and projects on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Assist in coordinating planning and reporting activities, and communicate clearly and consistently to all stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of timelines, deliverables, and dependencies.
- Answer questions and provide timely and accurate information to stakeholders.
- Interact with other areas of the company to assist with performance improvement, develop action plans, and meet established timelines.
- Participate in meetings to determine the needs of other departments to achieve the company’s goals.
- Provide status reporting and interaction with Loanlogics management teams.
- Meet as necessary with Loanlogics managers for problem resolution.
- Special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED / EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years minimum experience in a similar financial analyst position
- Mortgage or financial services industry experience or similar high transaction business
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledgeable about US GAAP
- Experienced in collecting data required for planning, budgeting, and business performance management; familiar with activity-based costing, job costing, and other managerial accounting tools and methods
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MS Office products
- A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with senior managers; ability to present, understand and speak the language of upper management
- Flexibility to shift priorities as directed
- Ability to lead simultaneous initiatives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong, proactive skills
- Operates with high integrity with a focus on the mutual success of Loanlogics and our clients
- Office environment
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.